Photo credit : La Mauve
Chaudière / Appalaches
Presentation of the enterprise
Founded in 2002, the la Mauve Cooperative’s mission is to develop its territory by marketing local and organic products and conducting awareness and educational activities on environmentally responsible food consumption. The organization set up its headquarters in a 150-year-old grocery and butcher shop in the heart of the magnificent village of Saint-Vallier.
Since its foundation, the la mauve cooperative has organized two educational festivals. It also works with children in 20 schools as part of itssemer la cooperationprogram, which aims to improve access to good, affordable, local food to young people and their families while developing the region.
“RISQ’s contribution was essential to the cooperative’s capitalization over the years. We have assembled several financial packages over 14 years and RISQ’s team has contributed technical and financial support that complements our other funders.”
Marie Lacasse, Coordinator
AWARDS ET DISTINCTIONS
- Québécois en entrepreneuriat provincial contest, 2003
- Desjardins sustainable development, 2008
- Bellechasse chamber of commerce, development of community life, 2012
- Excellence coopérative québec-appalaches en développement durable, 2013
- Défi cooperators award, 2014